The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking applicants for the position of Environmental Services Assistant. The position is permanent, full-time, and situated in Burns Lake, BC. The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is a non-union organization.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Services Assistant include:
- Assisting in the development, implementation and evaluation of waste reduction initiatives;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of public education programs;
- Contract administration, maintaining and developing databases, clerical work and report preparation;
- Reporting on the RDBN’s Corporate Energy and Emissions Plan and other sustainability initiatives as required.
The successful applicant must have a positive attitude and be willing to be challenged. Although this position is an essential part of a team, it will be important for the successful applicant to work independently and take on a high level of responsibility for assigned tasks. The position offers a competitive salary range and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants for the Environmental Services Assistant position will ideally possess the following:
- A minimum of two years job related experience;
- Education and training related to solid waste management including waste reduction initiatives and policies;
- General knowledge of local government operations as well as environmental legislation;
- Experience in the development of public education materials including the use of social media;
- Knowledge of procurement processes, contract administration;
- Superior ability to communicate, both orally and in writing;
- Proficient in the use of computers, desktop software, spreadsheets;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong administrative skills;
- Good time management and priority assessment as well as good organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, complete assignments in an effective manner;
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with public, staff, officials and outside agencies;
- A valid BC Driver’s Licence must be maintained.
Applications for the Environmental Services Assistant position will be accepted by fax (250-692-3305), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 37-3rd Avenue, PO Box 820, Burns Lake, BC, V0J 1E0 until 4:00 p.m., Friday, December 11, 2015 and should be addressed to Janine Dougall, Director of Environmental Services.