Economic Development Assistant
Full Time, Permanent
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako will be hiring a permanent, full time (35 hours/week) Economic Development Assistant starting January 2022. The successful candidate is an energetic, motivated, team player who has an interest in community and economic development. This position is based in Burns Lake.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Manager of Regional Economic Development, the Economic Development Assistant will support grant writing services, economic development projects such as Tourism and Agriculture marketing initiatives, Social Media account management and entrepreneurship events. Administrative duties will include research, information compilation, communication with local government officials and the public, and coordination of projects.
Specific Duties include:
- Writing funding proposals for Not-for-Profit Organizations.
- Maintaining and updating the Department’s Image Bank, Statistical Data Warehouse, Social Media accounts, Online subscriptions, and Websites.
- Planning and promoting economic development projects and events hosted by the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako and partner organizations.
- Researching and compiling information.
- Maintaining and updating records and files.
- Networking and building relationships with the residents, organizations and businesses of the region.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum Grade 12 Education. Post-secondary Education preferred in Economic Development, Business Communications, or a related field.
- Thoroughness and persistence in follow up.
- Good working knowledge of social media and website platforms.
- The ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing and to respond to questions from staff, government officials, and the public.
- Exemplary business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent Computer Skills, including proficiencies in internet research, social media management, and Microsoft Office applications such as Access, Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully perform multiple time sensitive tasks.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Passion and concern for the region and knowledge and understanding of individual communities.
- Ability to independently travel within the region as required.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Resumes will be accepted until 4:30 pm on December 10, 2021 and should be addressed to:
Nellie Davis, Manager of Regional Economic Development
Subject Line: Resume - Economic Development Assistant
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: PO Box 820, Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0