Job Posting - Environmental Services Office Assistant
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking applicants to fill a key position within the Environmental Services Department. The Environmental Services Office Assistant is situated in Burns Lake, BC, is permanent, full time, offers a competitive salary and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
The Environmental Services Office Assistant is responsible for answering phone calls, assisting field and office staff with administrative and practical tasks, compiling various monthly datasets and assisting various other tasks as needed. The successful applicant must have a positive attitude and be willing to take on a high level of responsibility for assigned tasks.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm, Friday, December 18, 2020. Resumes may be mailed to Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako, P.O. Box 820, Burns Lake, B.C., V0J 1E0 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.
Job Posting – Environmental Services Office Assistant
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking applicants for the position of Environmental Services Office Assistant. The position is permanent, full-time (35 hours per week), and is situated in Burns Lake, BC. The daily hours of work for this position is 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with an hour for lunch. The starting wage for this position is $26.85 and a comprehensive benefits package is offered.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Services Office Assistant include:
- Answer phone calls for the Environmental Services Department;
- Assisting with department clerical and communication tasks;
- Collect and tabulate various month-end records;
- Assisting field staff with administrative and practical tasks;
- Assisting in the implementation of various public programs;
- Management of the RDBN’s Environmental Services electronic filing system; and
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
The successful applicant must have a positive attitude and be willing to be challenged. Although this position is an essential part of a team, it will be important for the successful applicant to work independently and take on a high level of responsibility for assigned tasks.
Applicants for the Environmental Services Office Assistant position will ideally possess the following:
- A minimum of two years job related experience;
- Education and training related to solid waste management including waste reduction initiatives and policies;
- General knowledge of local government operations;
- Knowledge of procurement processes, contract administration;
- Excellent ability to communicate, both orally and in writing;
- Proficient in the use of computers, desktop software and spreadsheets;
- Attention to detail and strong administrative skills;
- Good time management and priority assessment as well as good organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and complete assignments efficiently;
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with public, staff, officials and outside agencies;
- A valid BC Driver’s Licence must be maintained.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm, Wednesday, December 18, 2020. Resumes may be mailed to Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako, P.O. Box 820, Burns Lake, B.C., V0J 1E0 or emailed to email@example.com and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.