ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES SUMMER POSITION
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking a versatile person for summer employment with the Environmental Services Department. This is a 35 hour per week, 6-10 week position starting immediately and is based in Burns Lake. The wage for this position will be $20.38 per hour. The successful candidate is energetic, motivated and a team player.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Services, the employee will assist the Environmental Services Department with various tasks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Brushing and weed whacking,
- Litter clean-up, painting and various other tasks,
- Manual labour for construction and maintenance projects,
- Assist supervisors and field staff on other special projects,
- Digitizing and archiving historical files,
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- Under 30 years of age
- Physically fit and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions,
- Experience with motorized tools,
- Safety Conscious,
- A self-starter with the ability to work individually and as part of a team,
- Valid BC driver’s license and ability to independently travel within the region as required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled at the Regional District office in Burns Lake or emailed to HR@rdbn.bc.ca and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.