ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - TEMPORARY CLASS 1 WASTE HAUL DRIVER - Burns Lake
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking applicants to fill a Temporary (3-month) Class 1 Waste Haul Driver position that also have excavator experience. The 40-hours per week position is situated in Burns Lake and operates Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. The wage for this position is $29.23.
The hours of operation of the Waste Haul Position are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and is covered by an averaging agreement. Drivers are not expected to work on Statutory Holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mondays: Haul municipal waste in 53 ft trailers from Burns Lake and Smithers to the Knockholt Landfill in Houston;
- Tuesday to Thursday: Load Woodwaste with an excavator into 53 ft trailers and haul from RDBN transfer stations to the Clearview or Knockholt Landfills;
- Move the excavator from site to site with a lowbed;
- Assist with the cleaning (excavation) of septage receiving bed at various sites;
- Conduct pre-trip inspections and routine cleaning and maintenance on trucks, trailers and equipment, and;
- Assist with other hauling and excavator tasks as required.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Class 1 driver’s license with air brake endorsement;
- Minimum of 2 years professional driving experience in northern climates;
- Experience operating and maintaining walking floor technology is preferred;
- Experience performing general maintenance on truck and trailer units;
- Ability to fill out log books and maintain records;
- Experience running and maintaining excavators;
- Be physically fit, team player, and ability to work independently;
- Good communication skills.
Applications which clearly outline experience, including a driver’s abstract, will be accepted until the position is filled. Resumes may be emailed to HR@rdbn.bc.ca and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.