Job Posting – Fort St. James Transfer Station Attendant Spare
The Regional District requires a spare attendant to fill in when needed to operate the Fort St. James Transfer Station. The position will be casual with on call hours to provide sick time and holiday coverage.
The general duties of the attendant will be:
- Daily operations of the transfer station including operation and maintenance of a skid-steer loader;
- Loading 53 foot walking floor trailers in a safe and efficient manner;
- Greeting and assisting the public;
- Management of waste on site including regular clean-up of site;
- Monitoring and reporting of transfer station activities including recycling initiatives.
The hours of operation of the Fort St. James Transfer Station are Monday through Friday and Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm and closed Statutory holidays.
Resumes will be accepted at the Regional District office in Burns Lake until the position is filled. Resumes may be faxed to 250-692-3305, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in person (37- 3rd Ave) and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.