Knockholt Landfill (Houston) Attendant/Roll-off Truck- Spare/Casual Position(s)
The Regional District requires a spare attendant that can fill in for either the roll-off truck and/or the Knockholt Landfill Attendant on an on-call basis. The hours of operation of the Knockholt Landfill are seven days a week, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and closed statutory holidays. For a detailed job description please visit www.rdbn.bc.ca. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to the attention of Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services, at HR@rdbn.bc.ca. This position will be open until filled.
Knockholt Landfill (Houston) Job Posting –Spare/Casual Position(s)
The Regional District requires a spare attendant that can fill in for either the roll-off truck and/or the Knockholt Landfill Attendant on an on-call basis. The hours of operation are seven days a week, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and closed statutory holidays.
The general duties of the attendant will be:
- Daily operations of the transfer station area including operation of heavy equipment as needed;
- Greeting and assisting the public;
- Management of waste on site including regular clean-up of site (also pushing up wood and metal piles).
Qualifications and requirements for both positions:
- Be physically fit, a team player;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to fill out log books and maintain records;
- Experience performing general maintenance on truck and trailer units;
Requirements for the r oll off truck driver:
- Class 3 driver’s license with air;
- Professional driving experience in northern climates.
Resumes will be accepted at the Regional District office in Burns Lake until the position(s) is filled. Based on experience and/or qualifications, candidates can apply for one or both of the positions. Resumes may be faxed to 250-692-3305, emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person (37- 3rd Ave) and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.