JOB POSTING - KNOCKHOLT LANDFILL ATTENDANT
The Regional District is seeking one individual to work as the attendant #2 at the Knockholt Landfill, which is located approximately 8km east of Houston, BC.
The hours of operation of the Knockholt Landfill are Monday through Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm, closed Statutory Holidays. The position available is for the following:
- Working under an averaging agreement, 7 days on (Monday through Sunday) followed by 7 days off, 9 hours per day, for a total of 63 hours every two weeks.
The available position is permanent, full time and offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package following the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
The general duties of the landfill attendant will be:
- Maintaining a clean and accessible public drop off area at the transfer station portion of the landfill, conducting regular inspections of the electric fence and ensuring that the on-site weigh scale is operational;
- Daily operations of the landfill including directing vehicle traffic to proper unloading zones, when needed, use of heavy equipment to spread and compact the garbage, hauling cover soil, unloading public drop off bins at the landfill active face, plowing snow in the winter and grading roads in the summer and performing manual labour;
- Greeting and assisting the public in the proper disposal of waste materials;
- General maintenance of on-site equipment;
- Monitoring, reporting and documentation of landfill activities including recycling initiatives.
Skills that the landfill attendant should possess:
- Good public relations skills;
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Be safety conscious;
- An ability to keep an organized and clean and tidy site, including the ability to correctly fill out paperwork and documentation;
- Experience operating and maintaining heavy equipment including loaders, excavators with thumbs, crawler dozers, dump trucks and roll-off trucks. Experience with the above equipment in earthwork and road building construction activities where achievement of proper elevation and grading is desired. A Class 3 driver’s license (or greater) with airbrake endorsement is required.
Resumes which include a detailed description of relevant experience will be accepted until 3:00pm, Thursday, November 28, 2019 at the Regional District office in Burns Lake. Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 250-692-3305 and should be addressed to Rory McKenzie, Director of Environmental Services.