The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is looking for a Protective Services Administrative Assistant. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to work in a team environment, has a positive attitude, and possesses superb organizational and communication skills.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, social media and website management, and data entry. This position will be providing support to the team and involved in several projects.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume describing how your skillset will support the position requirements. For a complete job description, please visit www.rdbn.bc.ca.
This is a full time (35 hours/week) position. Applications will be received until 4:00 pm, Friday, March 12, 2021. Resumes may be mailed to the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako, P.O. Box 820, Burns Lake, B.C., V0J 1E0 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to Deborah Jones-Middleton, Director of Protective Services.
For a full Job Description:
Job Title: Protective Services Assistant
Date Prepared: February 24, 2021
Department: Protective Services
Reports to: Director of Protective Services
Supervised by: Emergency Services Manager
The Protective Services Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of activities in support of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako’s Protective Services Department. The Protective Services Department is responsible for the Emergency Preparedness Planning Service, 9-1-1 Service, Rural Fire Protection Services, and the Occupational Health and Safety Program.
This position will receive direction from the Director of Protective Services, Emergency Services Manager and Regional Fire Chief for various projects within the Protective Services Department and provide support to all Protective Services staff.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Diligent time management and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strives to achieve high quality work output.
- Positive problem-solving approach.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Keen interest in learning new concepts.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office capabilities.
- Adherence to office policies and department procedures.
- Support overall department projects as directed.
- Ensure workflow is as efficient and effective as possible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the Protective Services Department Folder Manager.
- Ensuring the Protective Services contact database in up to date and reviewed annually.
- Assisting in the development of documentation.
- Scheduling, planning for and note taking at all Protective Services Department organized meetings.
- Clerical support.
- Coordination of staff training.
- Reviewing, maintaining, and updating the Protective Services website information and social media platforms.