Job Posting – Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station Attendant Spare
The Regional District requires a spare attendant to fill in when needed to operate the Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station. The position will be casual with on call hours to provide sick time and holiday coverage. Although this is currently an “as-and-when” position, there is opportunity for part-time or full-time employment in the near future.
The general duties of the attendant will be:
- Daily operations of the transfer station including operation and maintenance of a skid-steer loader;
- Loading 53 foot walking floor trailers in a safe and efficient manner;
- Greeting and assisting the public;
- Management of waste on site including regular clean-up of site;
- Monitoring and reporting of transfer station activities including recycling initiatives.
The hours of operation of the Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm and closed Statutory holidays.
Resumes will be accepted at the Regional District office in Burns Lake until the position is filled. Resumes may be faxed to 250-692-3305, emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person (37- 3rd Ave) and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.