Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station & Recycling Depot - Spare/Casual Position(s)
The Regional District requires a spare attendant that can fill in for either the Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station and/or the Recycling Depot on an on-call basis. The hours for both operations are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and closed statutory holidays. For a detailed job description please visit www.rdbn.bc.ca. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to the attention of Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services, at HR@rdbn.bc.ca. This position will be open until filled.
Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station & Recycling depot Job Posting-Spare/Casual Position(s)
The Regional District requires a spare attendant for the Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station and/or the Recycling Depot to fill in when needed. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and closed statutory holidays.
The general duties of the Attendant will be:
- Daily operations of the transfer station area including operation of a skid-steer loader;
- Greeting and assisting the public;
- Management of waste on site including regular clean-up of site (also pushing up wood and metal piles).
The general duties of the Recycling Attendant will be:
- Attending to the recycling & reuse programs at the Smithers/Telkwa Transfer Station
- Interact with and educate the public in regard to the Recycle BC depot program
- Monitoring and correct the sorting of recyclables to minimize contamination levels
- Daily operation of a tractor.
Qualifications and requirements for both positions:
- Be physically fit, a team player;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to fill out log books and maintain records;
- An ability to keep an organized, clean and tidy facility.
Resumes will be accepted at the Regional District office in Burns Lake until the position(s) is filled. Based on experience and/or qualifications, candidates can apply for one or both of the positions. Resumes may be faxed to 250-692-3305, emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person (37- 3rd Ave) and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.