TEMPORARY LANDFILL ATTENDANT – Clearview Landfill - Vanderhoof/Fort. St. James
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking applicants to fill the Temporary (approx. 6-months) full-time position of Landfill Attendant at the Clearview Landfill. This 40 hours per week position is situated 22 km north from highway 16 on highway 27 and operates Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The wage for this position is $25.59.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directing traffic to proper unloading zones;
- Assist Haulers with operating the on-site weigh scales;
- Operate heavy equipment to spread and compact the garbage;
- Haul and place cover soil from the on-site quarry;
- Assist with road maintenance and repair;
- Assist with site construction activities;
- Conduct regular inspections of the electric perimeter fence;
- General maintenance of on-site equipment;
- Regular litter clean-up around the site;
- Monitoring, reporting and documentation of landfill activities; and,
- Manual labour as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience operating and maintaining heavy equipment including loaders, excavators with thumbs, crawler dozers and dump trucks;
- Preferred Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement;
- An ability to keep an organized, clean and tidy site, including the ability to correctly fill out paperwork and documentation;
- Be physically fit, team player and enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good communication skills; and,
- Safety conscious.
Applications which clearly outline relevant experience will be accepted until the position is filled. Resumes may be emailed to HR@rdbn.bc.ca and should be addressed to Alex Eriksen, Director of Environmental Services.