Temporary Protective Services Administrative Assistant
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako is seeking a versatile person for temporary employment with the Protective Services Department. This position is for 34 hours per week, up to 16 weeks, starting immediately, and is based in Burns Lake. The wage for this position will be $20.38 per hour. The successful candidate is energetic, motivated and a team player.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Protective Services, the employee will assist the Protective Services Department with various tasks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- ensuring the Protective Services contact database is up to date and reviewed annually;
- assisting in the development of documentation;
- scheduling, planning for and note taking at Protective Services Department organized meetings;
- clerical support;
- coordination of staff training;
- reviewing, maintaining, and updating the Protective Services website information and social media platforms;
- data entry tracking and maintenance of spreadsheets; and,
- other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- Exceptional Microsoft Office capabilities.
- Adherence to office policies and department procedures.
- Support overall department projects as directed.
- Ensure workflow is as efficient and effective as possible.
- Valid BC driver’s license and ability to independently travel within the region as required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled at the Regional District office in Burns Lake or emailed to HR@rdbn.bc.ca and should be addressed to Deborah Jones-Middleton, Director of Protective Services.