NOTE TO APPLICANTS
- Industrial, commercial, individuals, and business undertakings ARE NOT eligible for assistance under this program;
- Please use the attached RDBN Board policies and Application Completion instructions as a guideline and be advised that the Regional Board of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako reserves the right to amend the said policies from time to time as it deems appropriate;
- Please make sure that your application is clearly legible and will photocopy with good results. Your application should either be typed or completed in black ink.
- If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Manager of Administrative Services of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at the above address, or:
Phone: (250) 692-3195 or toll free at 1-800-320-3339
Fax: (250) 692-3305 email: email@example.com
REGIONAL DISTRICT OF BULKLEY-NECHAKO
ELECTORAL AREA GRANT IN AID ASSISTANCE POLICY
To provide grants to community groups. Non-profit registered societies, organizations, Recreation Commissions, for cultural, charitable, sporting, recreational, service activities and special events for the purpose of benefiting the community.
This policy shall apply to all electoral area grant in aid requests being considered for funding from the individual Grants-In-Aid budgets.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT (Sec. 263(1)(c): the Regional District may provide assistance for the purpose of benefiting the community.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT (Sec. 380)(2)(g): a grant may be charged to the electoral area benefiting from the assistance.
- To be considered for funding, grant requests shall be referred to the Regional Board of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako on the recommendation of the Electoral Area Directors. ALL REQUESTS MUST BE IN WRITING.
- a) Applications must be submitted on the form provided by the Regional District, with all supporting documentation attached. Applicants must: clearly indicate the amount of assistance requested; provide evidence of how the applicant benefits the community generally and how the assistance being requested from the Regional District would benefit the community specifically; and, provide financial information sufficient to identify all other funding sources and to justify the need for financial assistance.
- b) Applications that are not submitted on the required form will be returned to the applicant.
- The following factors shall be used in evaluation and prioritizing the Applications for Assistance under Section 263(1)(c) of the LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT.
- i) Purpose for which the funding is required.
- ii) What funding opportunities have been considered, ( ie. fund raising, grants from senior levels of government, etc.).
- iii) Benefits to the community as a whole.
- iv) Amount of grant requested.
- v) Whether or not the applicant has previously received assistance from the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako.
- vi) Whether or not there is an opportunity for individuals to make direct contributions.
- If a grant in aid is approved the following will apply:
- A cheque will be issued to the requesting organization. A letter documenting the grant approval will be sent under the signature of the Electoral Area Director.
- If the grant exceeds $1,000, a report must be submitted to the Regional Board inclusive of satisfactory evidence that the goods or services have been obtained (ie. a report from the organization inclusive of receipts and/or a report of the expenditures).
- The Regional Board may at the time of grant approval:
- a) Impose additional requirements to be met by an organization prior to receipt of grant funds;
- b) Reduce or modify the requirements to be met for an organization prior to receipt of grant funds.
- Applications for Assistance under Section 263(1)(c) of the LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT will NOT be approved for:
- Purposes for which the Regional Board identifies as potentially exposing the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako to risk of unacceptable liability;
- Purposes disallowed by the LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT:
- Section 273 – As a limitation on section 263(1)(c), a Board must not provide assistance to an industrial, commercial or business undertaking.
- No grants shall be approved for individuals or for privately-owned businesses