The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako has access to a funding program called Federal Gas Tax Fund. This funding program has been made available by the Government of Canada and can be used for infrastructure projects that support productivity and economic growth, a clean environment, and strong cities and communities (hereinafter referred to as the "criteria").
The project must be for public infrastructure which provides a public use and benefit component. The applicant must demonstrate that the proposed project meets this requirement.
The Regional District Board of Directors will consider funding applications from registered non-profit societies and municipalities operating within our Regional District boundaries for projects meeting the aforementioned criteria.
The application process includes the following
- Provide the Finance/Administration Coordinator with a project description. The Coordinator will review the project and work with the organization to determine eligibility (including status as a non-profit society, ownership of the property, if the criteria has been met, project category and eligibility of expenditures, etc.
- Discuss the project with the Electoral Area Director.
- Submit a completed application form and all required attachments. The application will be reviewed and considered at a future Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako Board meeting.
- If approved, the applicant will be required to sign a funding contract with the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako and submit further required documentation prior to receiving funding for the project.
This documentation is for information purposes only and does not represent a funding commitment by the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako. Further, if your application is approved for funding, this document does not limit the requirements of your Society as detailed in the Federal Gas Tax Funding Contract with the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako.
If you have any further questions regarding the Federal Gas Tax Fund please contact the Accounting Clerk, Kim Fields at (250) 692-3195 or email: email@example.com
- Topley Fire Protection – Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $9,480
- Smithers Curling Club – Recreation Infrastructure Upgrade - $35,000
- RDBN Fort Fraser Water – Drinking Water Project - $71,500
- Fort St. James Curling Club – Recreation Infrastructure - $9,752.40
- Tweedsmuir Park Rod & Gun Club – Recreation Infrastructure - $10,000
- RDBN Recycle Depot (Phase 1) – Solid Waste Project - $60,000
- LD Food Bank – Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $17,770.68
- District of Vanderhoof – Recreation Infrastructure (Recreation Fields) - $100,000
- District of Vanderhoof – Recreation Infrastructure (Skateboard Park) - $100,000
- District of Fraser Lake – Recreation Infrastructure (Arena) - $46,710.34
- RDBN Recycle Depot (Phase 2) – Solid Waste Project - $216,000
- Bulkley Valley Aquatic Centre – Recreation Infrastructure - $16,825.60
- Bulkley Valley Aquatic Centre – Recreation Infrastructure - $29,679
- LD Fair Association – Drinking Water Project - $25,000
- Rose Lake Hall – Recreation Infrastructure - $5,000
- Smithers Curling Club – Recreation Infrastructure Upgrades - $31,235
- Omineca Ski Club – Recreation Infrastructure - $120,000
- LD Film Appreciation Society – Cultural Infrastructure Upgrades - $100,000
- Burns Lake Mountain Biking Association – Recreation Infrastructure - $60,000
- Burns Lake Thrift Store - Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $17,000
- Town of Smithers - Airport Expansion - $400,000
- Bulkley Valley Cross Country Ski Club – Recreation Infrastructure Upgrade - $25,000
- Town of Smithers - Parking Lot Improvements - $75,000
- Stuart Lake Golf Club - Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $22,461
- Topley Fire Hall - Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $20,000
- District of Fort St. James – Recreation & Tourism Infrastructure (Marina Upgrades) - $30,000
- Bulkley Valley Regional Pool - Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $22,495
- Village of Fraser Lake - Public Transit - $25,896
- Town of Smithers - Public Transit - $10,000
- Village of Telkwa - Recreation Infrastructure (Community Hall) - $60,736
- Glacier Gulch - Water Diversion Infrastructure - $55,000
- BV Child Development Centre - Energy Efficiency Upgrade - $32,447
- Smithers & Area Recycling - Solid Waste Infrastructure - $45,212