53Economic Development
Economic Development Home
4Assistance For Business
Resources - Business
Business Financing
Wage Subsidy Programs
Business Tax Credit Programs
5Assistance for Non-profit Societies
1Grant Writing Assistance
Request for Assistance Form
3Find a Grant
Local Government Grants
Not for Profit - Community Group Grants
Other Grant Links
1Resources - Non-Profit
GST-HST for non profit organizations
27Regional Information
15Regional Profile
7Electoral Area Information
Electoral Area A, Smithers Rural
Electoral Area B, Burns Lake Rural
Electoral Area C, Fort St James Rural
Electoral Area D, Fraser Lake Rural
Electoral Area E, Francois/Ootsa Rural
Electoral Area F, Vanderhoof Rural
Electoral Area G, Houston Rural
8Municipality Information
Burns Lake
Fraser Lake
Fort St James
Census Data
Tax Rates
Labour Statistics
4Industry Sectors
Industrial Land Inventories
Bulkley-Nechako Directory
Community Initiatives
8RDBN Business Events
4RDBN Business Forum
2014 RDBN Business Forum – Fort St James
2012 RDBN Business Forum – Smithers
2011 RDBN Business Forum –Vanderhoof
2010 RDBN Business Forum – Burns Lake
4Start-Up Business Contest
2017 RDBN Start-up Business Contest
2013 RDBN Start-up Business Contest
2012 Start-Up Business Contest
2011 Start-Up Business Contest
4Economic Development Projects
RDBN Image Bank
Regional Skills Gap Analysis
Regional Photo Contest
Action Plan
Economic Development Contacts

The RDBN zoning bylaw is titled “Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako Zoning Bylaw No. 700, 1993.” In this bylaw land within the RDBN is assigned a specific zoning designation which specifies the permitted uses on the land; the density of those uses; and the number, size, and siting of buildings and structures on the land. Zoning also includes regulations regarding subdivision and parking requirements.

Zoning is the most important regulation used to manage the development of land and implement the goals and objectives of an Official Community Plan. However, if your development proposal does not comply with the zoning designation of your property, you can apply to rezone. When a rezoning application is made, the RDBN looks to the policies in the OCP to help evaluate the application to change the use of the land. If the proposal does not comply with the OCP, the rezoning application must also amend the OCP.

Rezoning OCP Amendment Application Form

Rezoning/OCP Amendment Brochure

Zoning Bylaw No. 700, 1993