Parks & Outdoor Recreation Services Study
We want to hear from you!
If you missed the open house, you can fill in the online feedback form until March 20th, 2020. Please review the display posters (see key documents to the left) or watch the video presentation before filling in a feedback form.
Attend one of the five open house session being hosted across the region. RSVP is not required and residents can drop by the session at any time.
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako recognizes the important role of parks and outdoor recreation in the overall quality of life and sustainability of the region. Currently, the Regional District does not provide any parks or outdoor recreation services in rural areas, beyond financial contributions to municipal recreation activities. Existing parks and services in the rural areas are provided primarily by volunteer-societies, Recreation Sites & Trails BC and BC Parks.
In response to increased public demand for outdoor recreation opportunities and challenges faced by volunteer groups to upkeep existing parks, trails, campsites, boat ramps, and other outdoor amenities, the Regional District has retained a consulting team to complete a Parks and Outdoor Recreation Services Study.
The Study seeks to answer the following questions:
- What type of parks and outdoor recreation areas do RDBN residents value and want to see improved?
- What is working well for existing volunteer recreation clubs and what are their challenges?
- What could a parks and outdoor recreation service in the RDBN look like? What would it cost?
We Want to Hear from You!
Public participation is key to ensuring the study accurately reflects needs of parks and outdoor recreation opportunities in the rural area. We want to hear about your experience with parks and outdoor recreation in the Regional District, including needs (existing and unmet) and opportunities.
Ways to participate:
- Take the Parks & Outdoor Recreation Survey - Open from Oct. 28, 2019 to Nov. 22th, 2019, the purpose of the survey is to hear directly from the public on parks and outdoor recreation needs, opportunities and priorities. The survey is now closed
- Attend a Community Open House – In winter 2020 a series of Community Open Houses will be hosted in each of the Regional District electoral areas. Learn and discuss the study’s key findings, service delivery options and recommendations. We want your feedback!
Questions & Email Distribution List
For more information about the project or to join our email distribution list please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.